Saturday, February 6, 2016

what's up doc?

Tomorrow is a big day. I mean a really big day. A little, but awesome force turns a whopping seven years old. Kate Bronwyn Jorgensen - seven years old!

This means a couple other things:
1. Cody and I have been parents for seven years.
2. I'm old.
3. It's storming in the Maritimes. It's her birthday tradition and Mother Nature has not failed to disappoint.
4. I'm pinning and crafting up a small storm. 

So big day and we're having her party at the SuperStore Cooking School. Pure genius. I have to do NOTHING! Of course I have done many things - but none of them include baking or cleaning and I can't stop smiling. Actually I'm not smiling at all. I'm really sick. I think it's pneumonia. A little fluid on the lungs. Which I just can't understand - come on Mother Nature I thought we had each other's backs. I'm babbling. Probably because it's a snow day so I have had to have an afternoon glass of wine in order to "deal" better with Elliott and his theatrics.

Despite the pneumonia, I'm very excited, mostly because Kate and Elliott are so excited. We have a very special gift for her too. Spoiler alert - Kate can read now so I'm not going to spoil it here. You'll have to tune in soon to find out what it is.

Some pics from this month...

A couple shots form Cody's latest CrossFit competition held last week. It's called the Blizzard Beatdown and was the first comp that he participated in 4 years ago after having been in CrossFit for just a couple months. Brave!  His transformation is quite a thing of beauty. I don't know too many other forms of exercise that could command the level of commitment that you have given CrossFit these last years CJ.  I'm confident that you've made 4 or 5 or 6 classes every week of each of the last four years. Congratulations - way to go baby!

 He's the shirtless specimen in the lower left corner.

 Oh look - it was Papa's birthday too!

Our new Sunday ritual: walking the bunny hill with the kids pre-lesson.

So tune in soon to check out number seven! And wish me some good health will you?
Air kisses and hugs. AJ out.

No comments:

Post a Comment