Tuesday, July 30, 2013

the cursed nostalgia

The texts I received from Cody leading up to our return from Calgary last night were so sweet; after 14 days away from us nostalgia was setting in. Fast forward 24 hours and I believe the nostalgia is completely worn off and instead he has nominated me for a medal. Yup, we are home.

What a wonderful trip we had. For the most part the kids were troopers: enduring long hours and very busy schedules. There were a few fights, a few tears and Elliott spontaneously fell asleep a few times from pure exhaustion. Otherwise we had a pile of laughs and many instances where the kids developed fast friendships, the second generations of mine. 

Per the norm I must thank:
- my Mom and Dad who were unbelievable, loving hosts
- Stella, their dog, who took more than her fair share of abuse from Elliott
- My great girlfriends who carved out lots of time for me and my kids 
- My sister's family who gave me several reprieves from my crazy kids and who trekked home with us, thus making leaving our Western home much more bearable.

I'm going to zip it and let the pictures do the talking...

A steam engine trip at Heritage Park with cousin Aidan.

Kate with Becky's girls Sophie and Lauren.

One of many adventures at Grandma and Grandpa's park.

A quiet "guys only" moment at the splash park with Uncle Norm and Melissa's Jacob.

Literally hanging out in Diane's new Canmore backyard with Misha and Marek.

Our kiddos.

Misha hanging out.

A little hike in Canmore that looked like a Day Care's outing.

The boys hunting for frogs... Diane's sons with Elliott in the middle.

 Sophie and Kate beaching it in Canmore.

 Becky's Miles busy in the sand.

 Elliott passed out on the way to the beach and proceeded to sleep in Miles' stroller for a couple hours.

 On our way up the Sulphur Mountain "Gondolo" as Elliott referred to it.

I didn't think these two lazy-boned babies would do it but I was proved wrong... seen here at the mountain's peak.

Out and about, again, this time to the Spark Science Centre.

Stella. The object of Elliott's "affections".

Our little family photo shoot.

This time with Stella and without Grandpa's safety glasses.

My turn.

 Grandpa's punkies.

 Getting ready to celebrate the kids' "Not Your Birthday, Birthday Party."

Uncle Norm ready to par-tee.

Gift time.
Aidan rippin' it up.

Lots of love everybody. Thanks for the good times. 
Cheers - AKE

No comments:

Post a Comment