Thursday, May 5, 2011

X

There's not been a lot to report around the Jorgensen Manor as of late - other than the weather is changing and we're feeling fine.  It's Kate's first week daycare free and we (E and I) have really enjoyed having her around every day especially now that the weather is so nice.  For all your westerners - we are outside as of 9 am and still out until bedtime around 7pm - and that's without jackets and socks.

Today the neighbours are cutting down practically all their very tall trees - I've counted eight so far. The babes and I have been watching all the work; enjoying the ruckus.  Seven chainsaws going at once though has made for a very noisy house. Much to my surprise they are sleeping soundly through it now.

We did manage to vote this week and it was really fun to take the kids. Kate went back to the voting booth with both Cody and I and her homemade ballot. She marked her X a couple times with the bright pink pencil provided and she didn't even steal it! I remember fondly going to the community hall with my parents on election day.  It was always a day to catch up with neighbours and I hope in the future we too will know a couple people in the hall. 

Have a great May weekend.  We're planning on heading to the island for a much overdue visit. 
xoxo aj

No comments:

Post a Comment