Wednesday, January 18, 2012

sucker

Yesterday Kate and I had her first eye exam. As always I was super nervous. Appointments and Doctors aren't Kate's things. Probably few children enjoy them but I only know the horrors of my first born. Last month Kate had an appointment with our eight-month pregnant G.P. and ended up kicking her square in her baby belly. Awesome!

Back to the eye exam. It was actually awesome. She was brave and answered all the Doctor's requests with the exception of the colour blindness test. It seems we need to work on shapes with Kate. I was proud and thrilled especially given that next week we tackle - the Dentist. I still remember being a very little girl sitting in a Dentist's chair seriously considering hiding or running straight out of there. Is it counter productive to offer her our standard organic sucker as a bribe for good behaviour?


I love you Kate. And I love that we're able to talk with you more and more and help prepare you for some of life's challenges. I'm also thankful that the kinds of challenges that we face amount to being nervous about Doctors.
xoxo Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment